Below you’ll find a list of the most frequently asked questions our team receives. From resetting your password to understanding your patients’ benefits, you can find the answers to (almost) every common question right here. For more in-depth guides and resources, visit the documents page below.
Can I bill my patient’s insurance for testing under a Discount Plan?
Yes. You can bill your patient’s insurance for testing services. If the patient is responsible for a co-pay, the payment would be paid to your office.
Can I bill my patient’s insurance for hearing aids under a Discount Plan?
No. Amplifon requires payment in full when the hearing aids are ordered. Amplifon will provide your patient with a receipt which they submit to their insurance to be reimbursed for any eligible hearing benefits.
Can I bill my patient’s insurance for testing under a Funded Plan?
Payments for diagnostic testing vary based on the specific Amplifon partner and health plan. The details of the Funded Plan payment options are provided in the insurance verification section of the customer summary. These are the two most common payment options through a Funded Plan:
If testing isn’t covered under Amplifon, the patient pays the location directly for diagnostic testing services. The patient can then seek reimbursement from their health plan; or you can bill the plan directly at the insurance contracted rates, if applicable.
You submit a receipt of delivery form with documentation about the diagnostic testing services provided to Amplifon. Amplifon then bills the plan on your behalf, and reimburses you for the diagnostic testing services provided with the provider reimbursement fee.
Can I bill my patient’s insurance for hearing aids under a Funded Plan?
No. Your office does not need to bill the patient's insurance. Amplifon will bill the patient's insurance plan for the amount covered and listed on the insurance verification form. This process begins when your office returns the Receipt of Delivery form. Your patient is responsible for the balance at the time of delivery.
1. Patient contacts Amplifon and the Patient Care Advocate will explain the Amplifon program and find a location in their area. The Patient Care Advocate will enter the patient’s information into the provider portal and your location will be notified of the referral via email.
2. Provider logs into the provider portal and accesses the Dashboard to view referrals.
3. Provider calls the Amplifon patient to make an appointment if one was not made during the initial referral call.
4. Patient comes in for an appointment and hearing aids are recommended.
5. Provider logs into the provider portal and locates the patient listed on the Referrals List to complete the four-step enter outcome process. Patient payment can be processed at the time of order and/or at the time of dispense.
6. Provider enters in the outcome and submits order details through the AHHC Ordering Smartsheet. An AHHC ordering representative will place the order directly with the manufacturer.
7. Provider receives the hearing aids from the manufacturer and submits patient payment through the provider portal.
8. Once patient payment is completed, print the Receipt of Delivery from the provider portal
9. Provider and Patient sign and date the Receipt of Delivery. Cigna disclosure form to be signed by Provider and Patient if applicable.
10. Provider will fax and/or upload the completed Receipt of Delivery with the manufacturer packing slip to 1-888-371-5961 or upload through the provider portal.
What do I need to do when my patient orders their hearing aids?
On the day of the hearing aid fitting, follow the steps in the guide to enter the sale into the provider portal. Print all of the paperwork and review it with your patient. Both the credentialed provider and patient should then sign and date all of the paperwork. All payments for the hearing aids are due at the time of fitting.
Payments can be made in the following ways:
Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, AMEX), E-Check – CareCredit. For instructions on how to process each type of payment please refer to the provider guide
Amplifon works with CareCredit to offer a 6, 12, & 18-month interest-free option, as well as a 24, 36, or 48-month extended finance option with interest. If the patient doesn’t have a Care Credit account, please direct them to https://www.carecredit.com/ to apply prior to the fitting of the hearing aid. Please refer to our website for more details.
For additional information on how to process a CareCredit please refer to the prover manual for step by step instructions.
To replace a hearing aid under the loss and damage warranty, please follow the steps below. This transaction is handled directly between the patient and the provider’s office at the set deductible amount listed below. The only exception to this process is when a hearing aid is lost for a Workers’ Compensation claimant (in these instances, contact Amplifon’s Workers’ Compensation Division at 1.888.319.9206).