Not all smartphones can connect to Bluetooth hearing aids. Therefore, you must familiarize yourself with specific smartphone compatibility requirements to ensure you choose the right one.
Bluetooth Hearing Aid for Android
Android users should have OS version 8 or newer but should also check their hearing aid model's software requirements.
Bluetooth hearing aids for iPhone
iPhone users should have iPhone 5 or newer devices with iOS 7 or newer.
It's highly recommended to check compatibility requirements before purchasing a Bluetooth hearing aid to ensure your phone and hearing aids can work together. Finally, remember to update your phone's operating system to the latest version to avoid connectivity issues.
How to Connect Hearing Aids To Bluetooth
- Turn on your hearing aids and make sure they are in pairing mode. Refer to the manufacturer's instructions for specific steps on how to do this.
- On your smartphone, go to the "Settings" menu and select "Bluetooth".
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on and select "Pair new device".
- Your smartphone will scan for nearby Bluetooth devices. When your hearing aids appear, select them and confirm the pairing process.
- Once your hearing aids are connected, you can adjust the volume and other settings through your smartphone.
Remember to keep your hearing aids close to your smartphone to ensure a strong Bluetooth connection. If you have questions on how to pair hearing aids to iphone or android devices, refer to the manufacturer's instructions or contact their customer support for assistance.