When you use our website(s), use our products and services, request information from us, or ask us to contact you, you are sharing your information with us.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
We collect personal information about you to:
- Provide products and services to you
- Respond to a request you made
- Process your requests/orders
- Enhance, improve our products, services, and overall customer service
- Perform data analytics as explained below
- Inform you (via email, text, phone, or mail) either directly or through a service provider, of special offers and discounts from us or our affiliated family of companies and independent business partners
- Provide information to you about hearing loss and ear care
- Assess how visitors have accessed our website(s)
Who We May Share Your Personal Information With
In connection with our use of your information, we may share your information with our affiliated family of companies and independent business partners, who will take steps to safeguard it. We may also provide your personal information to our service providers in order to communicate with you (for example, to facilitate communications with you through our mobile marketing program). We may provide other unaffiliated third parties with aggregate, but not individual or personally identifiable information. You may opt-out of sharing by contacting our Customer Care Team at 1-877-846-7074.
Amplifon Hearing Health Care will not sell, lease, or otherwise disclose your personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties to market their products and services to you. However:
- We may disclose user information in special cases when, in good faith, we believe that disclosing this information to law enforcement agencies and Internet service providers is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Amplifon Hearing Health Care, Corp.'s rights or property, other Amplifon Hearing Health Care website(s) users, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
- If we are involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
How You Can Control Our Marketing Use of Your Information
We recognize that you may not want to receive offers or other information about Amplifon Hearing Health Care’s products and services (directly or through our service providers, our affiliated business partners, or our affiliated sister companies). At any time, you may request to discontinue receiving offers or other promotional information from us by:
- Contacting our Customer Care at 1-877-846-7074. Please be sure to let us know specifically which information you no longer wish to receive (email messages, text messages, mailings, etc.).
- Following the opt-out instructions included in each email to discontinue receiving promotional emails from us. Due to production, mailing and system timelines, it may take up to 15 business days to process your request.
- Indicate you no longer wish to receive marketing or another type of phone call during a phone call.
- Opt-out of text messages by responding with ‘STOP’ to any text received. Your opt-out request will be effective upon our receipt of your opt-out text. Standard message and data rates may apply.
You may have the option to participate in our mobile marketing program by consenting to communication on your mobile phone or device. If you provide such consent, your mobile number will be used to communicate information about products, services, promotions, and incentives. If you register for mobile marketing, you will receive special offers, unless you have requested otherwise at the time of registration or as set forth in this policy.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Amplifon Hearing Health Care will keep your information as long as needed to process your requests, provide the services you requested from us, to operate our business, and as long as we are legally required to keep it. You have the right to ask us to delete the information we have about you at any time. Please know that we will delete as much information about you that we reasonably can, but, please understand that we may not be able to delete all of your personal information because of how our systems work, or because retention is required by law.
Where We Keep Your Information
We are part of a global organization, our corporate offices located in Minnesota, USA and Milan, Italy. We may collect your personal information from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Amplifon Hearing Health Care takes reasonable steps to secure your information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no digital system is 100% safe and the Internet is an open system. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not intercept or access your information, such as in transit over the internet to Amplifon Hearing Health Care.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies
We or one of our affiliates, or third-party service providers may analyze data about you, your usage of our products and services, and other information we collect as part of our ongoing efforts to improve the customer experience at Amplifon Hearing Health Care and/or its family of affiliated companies and business partners.
We may collect and process information about your visit to our website(s), such as the pages you visit, the website you came from and some of the searches you perform. Such information is used by us to help improve the contents of the site and to compile aggregate statistics using our site for internal, market research purposes.
Occasionally, we may use internet tags and cookies at this site and may deploy these tags/cookies through a third-party advertising partner or a web analytical service partner which may be located and store the respective information (including your IP-address) in a foreign country. These tags/cookies are placed on both online advertisements that bring users to this site and on different pages of this site. A tag/cookie cannot retrieve information from your hard drive, pass on computer viruses, or capture your email address. These tags/cookies allow us to understand how you access and use our website(s), identify repeat visitors, and monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. In addition, tags/cookies measure the visitors’ responses to our sites and the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns (including how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted) as well as to evaluate your use of this website. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but it is possible to change your browser setup so that it does not accept cookies. You may prevent or stop the installation and storage of cookies by your browser settings by downloading and installing the free Opt-out Browser Add-on available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to fully experience all functions of our website.
Amplifon Hearing Health Care, Corp., or one of its independent business partners, may have relationships with vendors who may use these cookies to determine whether your IP address is in their information base as having opted in to receive promotional information from various merchants. If you opted in, you may receive materials about Amplifon Hearing Health Care products, services, promotions or other information. If you are not already part of the vendor’s information base, visiting our website(s) will not add you to the vendor’s information base, nor transfer any of your personal information to the third-party vendor. The third-party partner or the web analytical service partner may be able to collect data about visitors to our and other sites because of these internet tags/cookies, may compose reports regarding the website’s activity for us and may provide further services which are related to the use of the website and the internet. They may provide such information to other parties if there is a legal requirement that they do so, or if they hire the other parties to process information on their behalf. If you would like more information about web tags and cookies associated with on-line advertising or to opt-out of third-party collection of this information, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative website http://www.networkadvertising.org.
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 6501-06 and 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1 - 312.12, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, nor does our website(s) target children under the age of 13 years of age. By using our website(s), you represent that you are not less than 13 years of age.
Additional Information Collected Automatically
In some cases, we may automatically (i.e., not via registration) collect technical information when you connect to our website(s) that is not personally identifiable. Examples of this type of information include (but are not limited to) the type of Internet Browser you are using, the type of computer and/or mobile operating system you are using, and the domain name of the website(s) from which you linked to our website(s).
Links to Other Sites
The Amplifon Hearing Health Care website(s) contains links to other websites and resources. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
Right of Revision
- Amplifon Hearing Health Care, Corp., 150 South 5th Street, Suite 2300, Minneapolis, MN 55402
Attn: Compliance Department
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 763-268-4000