Last Revised: January 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information in the manner described below.
- We collect information from and about you when you visit or use the Site.
Following are examples of ways in which you can visit or use the Site:
- To create, use or make changes (for example, corrections, updates, or deletions) to an account you have with us (for example, to provide username and password and any other information you provide such as content or comments)
- To provide contact information (for example, first name and last name, postal address, email address and a telephone number and related preferences), information for transactions with us and/or a third party through the Site, information provided in connection with products and services, demographic information (for example, zip code).
- To get information when you contact or otherwise interact with us or a third party (for example, your search queries on the Site, reporting an issue with the Site and participating in surveys and voluntarily in online hearing tests and online hearing aid finder quizzes).
3. We can automatically collect other information about you, including:
- Operating system
- Browser type
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Domain name of your Internet service provider
- Your geographic location
- The website you visited before browsing to the Site
- The Site pages that you visit and the time of your visits
- Aggregate data that cannot be used to specifically identify you when you use or visit the Site.
4. We can collect information about you from:
- Third party social networking services
- Publicly accessible sources
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates
- Our third-party service providers and other partners.
How We May Use Your Information
We may use the information that we collect to:
- Provide products and services to you
- Respond to a request you made
- Process your requests/orders
- Enhance, improve our products, services, and overall customer service
- Analyze how you use the Site and to analyze the Site, which we or a third party can do
- Call you via telephone and send you electronic communications (for example, email communications and text message communications)
- Provide information to you, including about hearing loss and ear care
- Assess how users have accessed the Site
- Fulfill the purposes for which you provided it (for example, engaging in a transaction with us or a third party)
- Provide the Site to you, including any notifications or updates relating to the Site
- Create, use or make changes (for example, corrections, updates, or deletions) to an account you have with us
- Send you information about your relationship or transactions with us
- Notify you about changes to the Site, our policies, terms or any products or services we offer or provide though it
- Improve the Site or to develop new products and services
- Identify you as a user of the Site
- Allow you to participate in surveys
- Contact you with information, including marketing and advertising information, that we believe will be of interest to you, either by us or a third party
- Customize our marketing and advertising
- Test, research, analyze and develop products and services that we or a third party can do regarding the Site (for example, user base and Site usage)
- Create anonymous data or de-identified data, which we or a third party can do and which we or a third party can use for any purpose
- Aggregate data, which we or a third party can compile, and which we or a third party can do and can use for any purpose
- Allow us to personalize and enhance your experience using the Site
- Run advertising on third party websites
- Allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- Investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity and otherwise protect our users and our business
- Administer and troubleshoot the Site.
We also may use the information that we collect:
- In any other way we can describe when you provide the information
Who We May Share Your Information With
3. Direct Marketing. We can share personal information with third parties for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below.
4. Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, divestiture, joint venture, securities offering, financing, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we can share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith (including, without limitation, before and after such transaction) and it can be used subsequently by such third party or parties.
5. Investigations and Law. Regardless of any choices you make regarding your information (as described below) and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we can disclose information about you to third parties to:
- Enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements
- Comply with law, in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any law or legal process or cooperate with government or law enforcement officials or private parties
- Protect our rights, reputation, safety and property or in an emergency, or that of our users or others
- To resolve disputes
- Protect against legal liability
- Establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims
- To investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, suspected fraud, the rights, reputation, safety or property of us, users or others, violation of the Terms, our policies or agreements or as otherwise required by law.
6. Site Analysis. We or a third party can analyze how you use the Site and can analyze the Site.
7. Aggregate, Anonymous and De-Identified Data. We can share aggregate, anonymous or de-identified data relating to users of the Site with any third party for any purpose.
8. At Your Request. We can share your information with any other individual or third party or service provider at your request.
10. For Any Other Purpose Disclosed by Us. For any other purpose we describe to you at the time you provide your information.
11. Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track below.
Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have choices regarding the use of information on the Site.
1. Changing Your Information. You can make changes to your information, including accessing your information, correcting or updating your information or deleting your information by contacting our Customer Care Team via telephone at 877-846-7074, via email at email@example.com or via postal mail at Amplifon Hearing Health Care, Corp., Attn: Customer Care Team, 150 S. 5th St., Suite 2300, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
To determine the appropriate retention period for your personal information, we will consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we use your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
3. Email Communications. You can make changes regarding receiving email communications from us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting our Customer Care Team via telephone at 877-846-7074 and letting us know specifically that you no longer wish to receive email communications from us at the email address you provide to us. You also may follow the opt-out instructions included in each email communication from us to discontinue receiving promotional email communications from us. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days to process your request.
4. Text Message Communications. We may send autodialed marketing text messages to devices that have requested such information via an opt-in request. Consent to such messages is not a condition of purchase. You can make changes regarding receiving text message communications from us by contacting our Customer Care Team via telephone at 877-846-7074 and letting us know specifically that you no longer wish to receive text message communications from us at the mobile telephone number you provide to us or by opting out of text message communications by responding with ‘STOP’ to any text message communication received. Your opt-out request will be effective upon our receipt of your opt-out text message communication. Standard message and data rates may apply.
5. Telephone Communications. You may indicate you no longer wish to receive marketing telephone calls from us by contacting our Customer Care Team at via telephone at 877-846-7074 or during a telephone call from us.
6. Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies and Other Technologies; Do Not Track below.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We store the information that we collect on our systems. If you are located outside of the United States, please note that the Site is hosted on our systems in the United States. Therefore, your information can be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts, or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. By using the Site, you understand that your information can be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
How We Protect Your Information
We take reasonable steps to secure your information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no digital system is 100% safe and the Internet is an open system. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not intercept or access your information, such as in transit over the internet to us.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES; DO NOT TRACK
1. Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer.
· Persistent cookies remain on the user’s computer after the browser has been closed.
· Session cookies exist only during a user’s online session and disappear from the user’s computer when they close the browser software. You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of the Site.
2. Third parties can collect personally identifiable information about an individual user's online activities over time and across different Internet services when a user uses the Site.
3. Below are links to resources for regarding online tracking and targeting:
For Google Analytics, please see https://policies.google.com/privacy, https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites, https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/ and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
4. Do Not Track. At this time, we do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals sent from Web browsers or other mechanisms that provide users the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about a user’s online activities over time and across third party Internet services.
Users in the United States may opt-out of many third-party ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and choices regarding having information used by third party companies who are NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will remove you from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through the Site or on other third party websites. Even if you opt-out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page, you may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt-out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt-out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
- The categories of personal information collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information collected about you.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom your personal information was shared.
- The specific pieces of personal information collected about you.
- If your personal information was disclosed for a business purpose, the personal information categories disclosed and the categories of third parties to which the information was disclosed.
- If your personal information was sold in the past 12 months, the personal information categories sold and the categories of third parties to which the information was sold (Note: WE DO NOT SELL YOU PERSONAL INFORMATION).
Please note that you may only make the above requests twice in a 12-month period. You also have the right to request that any of your personal information collected and retained be deleted, subject to certain exceptions. Finally, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment from us or any business for exercising any of the rights provided under CCPA.
You may submit a request regarding your rights under CCPA by submitting a request through the following contacting us at one of the following: email@example.com, Toll Free hotline: 1-800-234-9314.
If we receive a CCPA request from you, we will first make a determination regarding the applicability of the law, and we will then take steps to verify your identity prior to responding. The steps to verify your identity may vary based on our relationship with you, but, at a minimum, it will take the form of confirming and matching the information submitted in the request with information already held by us and/or contacting you through previously used channels to confirm that you submitted the request (i.e. confirming identity through contact information that we have on file, not the contact information submitted to make the request).
Your rights as stated here can also be exercised by an authorized agent on your behalf. We will follow the standards set by the Attorney General of California regarding designation of an authorized agent to exercise rights under CCPA. You may review information available through the Attorney General website (https://www.oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa) regarding how an individual can be designated as an authorized agent under CCPA.
In addition to CCPA, Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code permits California residents to request from a business, with whom the California resident has an established business relationship, certain information about the types of personal information the business has shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information during the immediately preceding calendar year. You can make one request each year by emailing us at Legal-NorthAmerica@amplifon.com.
We do not knowingly collect information from an individual under the age of 13 If you are under the age of 13, please do not access, use, or submit any personal information through the Site. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 13, please contact us immediately via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via telephone (800) 234-9314 or (763) 268-4103 or via postal mail at Amplifon Hearing Health Care, Corp., Attn: Legal Department, 150 S. 5th St., Suite 2300, Minneapolis, MN 55402.
Links to Other Sites
The Site contains links to other websites and resources. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
Right of Revision
- Amplifon Hearing Health Care, Corp., Attn: Legal Department, 150 S. 5th St., Suite 2300, Minneapolis, MN 55402
- Attn: Compliance Officer
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: (800) 234-9314 or (763) 268-4103