Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie does not identify you personally and automatically expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires or until you delete your cookies. These cookies do not expire when you close your browser. By assigning your computer a unique identifier through a persistent cookie, we are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences which can be provided by us automatically, saving you time and effort on future visits.
In addition, third parties may place and read cookies on your browser or use web beacons or similar technologies to collect data. A description of the specific functionality of the cookies used by the Amplifon Website is provided below.
Necessary cookies enable basic functions on the Amplifon Website, like page navigation and access to secure areas of the websites. The Amplifon Website cannot function properly without these cookies. As such, necessary cookies will always be collected regardless of your cookie settings. Necessary cookies are used for the following purposes, including:
- Preserving your website session state across page requests;
- Distributing traffic to the Amplifon Website across several servers in order to optimize response times and improve your website experience;
- Identifying trusted web traffic to keep the Amplifon Website secure;
- Storing your cookie consent state for the current Amplifon Website you’re visiting.
Preference cookies enable the Amplifon Website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks during your experience, like your preferred language, the font text appears in, or the region that you’re located in. Preference cookies are used to establish a unique user ID that recognizes you on returning visits in order to improve and personalize your website experience. For example, Amplifon uses preference cookies in the following ways:
- Provide a more personalized experience to users with more relevant content and content recommendations;
- Allow users to more easily log in to use the websites;
- Remember information about a user's browser and settings preferences, such as preferred language, to make a your experience more functional and customized;
- Make the experience of using the websites better, like remembering the sound volume level selected by the user;
- Test different versions of the websites to see which particular features or content users prefer to optimize the sites;
- Authentication and security cookies to enable you to log in or stay logged in to access the sites, protect user accounts against fraudulent log-ins by others, and help detect and protect against abuse or unauthorized usage of user accounts.
Statistic cookies help us understand how visitors interact with the Amplifon Website by collecting and reporting information anonymously. Statistics cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Anonymously logging details about your browser and computer through a website like Google Analytics;
- Collecting anonymous data on your visits to the Amplifon Website, such as the number of visits, average time spent on the website and what pages have been loaded, in order to generate reports for optimizing the Amplifon Website content;
- Determining what type of device (smartphones, tablets, computers, TVs etc.) is being used to access the Amplifon Website;
- Gathering anonymous, technical information regarding your browser, operating system, IP address and screen resolution as well as your navigation on the website.
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across the Amplifon Website. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for each individual user of the Amplifon Website. You may opt out of the collection of marketing cookies at any time. Marketing cookies are used for the following purposes:
- Registering a unique ID that identifies your device for the purpose of targeted ads, auto-populating forms, validating if certain contact information is correct, keeping statistics about third party sites used/accessed through the Amplifon Website;
- Registering anonymized user data, such as IP address, geographical location, visited websites, and what ads you have clicked, with the purpose of optimizing ad display based on your movement on websites that use the same ad network;
- Collecting data on your visits to the website, such as what pages have been accessed, number of visits, average time spent on the website, in order to categorize your interest and demographic profiles in terms of resales for targeted marketing, identifying traffic patterns on the Amplifon Website, and carrying out surveys to better understand your preferences;
- Evaluating efficacy of advertisements and likelihood of groups to engage with the Amplifon Website and purchase Amplifon products or services;
- Registering your sharing of content via social media.